August 7, 2011

I'm Back and a Few Fun Things

I'm back from the cottage and I definitely needed to get away.  There were some fun, interesting and memorable moments, and some not so fun ones.

We saw a bear (the first one I'd ever seen in the wild), but then later that day someone shot and killed it :(  That was on Thursday evening, so the rest of our trip was a little soured.

We had campfires, cottage coffee (coffee with baileys, grand marnier and whipped cream, yum!), fishing, walking through the woods, and bbq'd every night.




The one good thing about being up in Canada, my bank accounts in the US didn't even get touched for over a week!  I had taken $300 in cash to spend up here (so I consider that my spend day for it, since it was all budgeted out)  I use any credit purchases (which I only use up here because I can't use my debit card) and money from my US account as spend days.  I'll have to review my receipts to see where I am regarding that goal.

We came home yesterday, and man, did I have a lot of reading and catching up to do on my favourite blogs!

Mysti over at Digging Our From Our Mess is having her first giveaway for 2 years of blogging! There are 4 ways to enter for the $50 giftcard at Novica.com, but you better hurry you only have until August 8 at 7pm EDT to enter!

And at So Over Debt she is also having a giveaway for her 100th post!  There are many ways to enter and it closes Friday August 12 but you could win a $25 e-card of your choice!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

4 comments:

Rafiki said...

Welcome back. Happy to read you had a wonderful trip. I'm sad to hear about the bear.

Niki said...

Glad you had a good time. Sorry to hear about the bear. Looks absolutely beautiful.

jpkittie said...

welcome back! so glad that you had a good time!

Michelle said...

Wow, I love your photos!