March 7, 2012

And We're Off To The Races....

So now we're in the mortgage waiting game.  All of required paperwork was handed over to our loan officer yesterday and we locked our rate in for the 30 year VA mortgage at 3.75%.

I received an alert today that our credit was pulled again since last time was 4 months ago.  I hope we don't have any issues mainly because we only have 20 days left to get this financing completed and close on the 28th.

A friend of mine who used to work with me is now working at a Title company and we will be using her for our closing and title work.  My realtor (who also works with me, and knows my friend) was trying to discourage me from using her, and use his 'regular' guy.  Sorry...this is MY process and I am going to go with someone who I trust.  And boy am I glad I did!

Turns our that we need a specialized Power of Attorney for closing.  We have a General POA, but we NEED a specialized one.  That needs to be signed and an original copy returned to me.  Greeeeeeat.  Ok. I need to POA created, that's for Virginia and real estate.  Hmmmm what to do, what to do.  Well, friend at title company spoke to her boss, and they have written it up for us :)  Would buddy of my realtor done that? Who knows.  All I know is that is pays to have friends you can trust.

So now J just has to have it notarized and send it back to me.  I hope USPS can get it back quick.

Tomorrow is payday for J and Friday for me.  It'll have a bit of extra pay for President's Day holiday which is always nice.

Come early next week, there will be number updates, and just for Rafiki I will include many '0's :)

4 comments:

Niki said...

The paperwork thing can be frustrating. I bought our house when my husband was gone too. Wishing you the best of luck I know how scary/exciting/emotional it can be. At least you have a pretty good understanding of how the process works, I was a complete n00b.

444 said...

Congratulations on your house purchase. These are exciting times!

Jerry said...

Hope it all goes well. We bought a home about 5 years ago and now it's a rental just covering the mortgage, taxes and insurance. It's worth it, though. It can lead to headaches sometimes but I don't regret it.

Rafiki said...

YAY! So thoughtful of you. I can't wait.

Seems things are moving quite swiftly now with the home buying process. I hope they go as smooth as possible. Don't want any hiccups within this time frame.