June 11, 2012

Time For Some No Spends

I have gone through and added up what we have been spending on this house.  And...it's time for some no spends.

It's been fun since J got home and being 'homeowners' but now it's time to get back to reality and start saving again.

We're ahead on the mortgage, so that's good news.  We're in the process of 'updating' our house with a few new upgrades.
We are putting a storm door on the front of the house.  I like opening our front door and not having my two cats run outside.
We are also going to be repainting the front door.  Whoever painted the door last time did a horrible job.  They didn't remove the door hardware and some of the door hardware...like the door handle and lock are broken. You can still lock the door, but the handle itself is bent and pulling out from the door.
We have all of the paint and replacement hardware ready to go, we're just waiting on the installation of the stormdoor to be completed.

Besides that, this Thursday I have a doctor's appointment down at the University of Virginia for my achilles tendons.  I took the entired day as a scheduled sick day as the appointment is at 8am and it's about 1hr30mins from where we live.  J also took the day off so he could take me.  I'll probably be asleep the entire drive down as I work until 12:30am.
I hope that I can get the surgery done quickly on the left foot and deal with the right later on.

Work, well it's work.  I had a 3 day weekend so my parents could come down.  We had a good time and even had a fire in our firepit in the backyard on Saturday night.  That was nice :)
Now I have to return to work.  At least it will be short because of the sick day.  3 days on, 1 off, 1 on, 1 off, 1 on, 1 off, 4 on. LOL This is what my schedule is the next 2 weeks.

Anyway!  Work starts in an hour.  Hopefully this week will be a little less painful on the pocketbook!

Have a great week all! :)

No comments: