November 29, 2010

Countdown to DRP in 5...4...3...2...

So officially, the DRP (Debt Reduction Plan) begins on December 1. We both get paid on the same weeks, he on Thursday and I on Friday. Since this is a 3 paycheck month, we should actually be able to get ahead with the DRP and pay off the second CC that is listed to be paid off from the Quicken schedule. That's a good sign right?

I'm really excited and nervous all at the same time. What if we fall off the wagon? What if this causes problems between J and I?
I have been trying very hard to explain everything to J, but it's hard because either he really doesn't care (I trust you syndrome) or he doesn't understand.

This has always been a hard one between us. He would like something, and when I say No, I feel guilty. Which has contributed a lot to where we are now.
Just the other day he asked me, "Do I get any fun money out of this?"
and wants me to set up a checking account just for him.
He didn't ask about fun money for me.
Kind of disheartening.

Oh well, our goal is to get out of debt, and get into more when we buy a house (but hopefully with a heft downpayment!)

Even though our 'goal' from Quicken is 09/2013 that may change dramatically if J gets deployed with work. If that's the case we most likely will be out of debt by the end of 2011. Won't know about that for a little bit though. Just thankful he has a good paying job as it is.

Off to calculate my payments for the paychecks coming up this week!

1 comment:

Iris said...

Game on! I hear you on the spouse. Mine is involved but he doesn't want to talk about finances all the time, where I am so excited when I pay down our debt. I want to shout it from the rooftops! That's why I have the blog - so I can share the successes and the trials with other people who want to discuss money. I think it's pretty normal for one person to be more gung-ho than the other. My husband's on board with our goals, but doesn't want to talk about debt repayment all the time. :)

Good luck! Happy D-Day to you!