January 26, 2011

No Spend Week No More

Woke up this morning with a sore throat and hacking cough. I was going to go to the clinic before going to work, but I felt so bad that I didn't leave myself enough time to go to the clinic and get to work on time.
Luckily, Wednesday is when the nurse is supposed to be there. I went a little before my shift was supposed to start, and the nurse sent me home right away. Running a fever, and with my other symptoms she didn't want me to infect anyone there. So off I went to the clinic, with a prognosis of Bronchitis.

Co-Pay $25
Prescription $10

Time off of work, not good. I work where we are considered "essential personnel" and they don't like if you take unscheduled leave. I HAVE to go back tomorrow, or face being reprimanded, even though I am still running a fever and feel horrible. Not only is my chest hurt, but I'm on a Z-Pack which makes my stomache muscles cramp so bad.

So yay. Plus, we've got a snowstorm going on right now (not that I mind, but when you feel like death warmed over, snow not so fun).

1 comment:

TJ said...

I'm sorry that you're sick! However, I absolutely object with you being tentatively reprimanded for being sick. Being sick is not something you can schedule, and it is not something you intentionally do to get time off... if they reprimand you, I'd REALLY like to see that handbook or company policies. I wouldn't even agree with it, on the very least... sorry that you're stuck in that kind of situation. Lots of tea, soup, and other warm things. Get better soon!