October 29, 2011

October and Snow???

So last weekend we go from high 60s and a gorgeous fall day to this....


I'm used to having the possibility of snow in October growing up in Ontario, but I'm not so sure my fellow Virginians are used to it.
It's funny, it's cold in the house (turned on the heat for the first time) and looking out the window, it put me in a Christmas mood!  If it were going to stay around for a while (which it probably won't) I would almost be tempted to set up our small Christmas tree, wrap some presents for J and celebrate Christmas early since he will be in Afghanistan this year for the Holidays.

If you're in the path of the storm, stay warm! If you're not...well...have a great weekend! :)

5 comments:

Jolie said...

Light snow here too ! Brr

Michelle said...

I'm glad it's not snowing here, and it most likely won't for awhile!

Tania said...

It definitely feels like Christmas... but a bit too soon! I like the summer-fall transaction, but those 70 degree days rarely last more than 2 weeks. We're already at 56 degrees high for the week.

Rafiki said...

I've never ever seen real snow and I don't think I want to nor do I believe I could survive a sudden change in temperature like that. I've experienced some cold months before snow in my travels but never for the snow and those months were way too cold for me.

Hope you are still enjoying yourself.

Mysti said...

We got 10 inches and lost power for 4.5 days. Good times....