November 26, 2011

Black Friday

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.  I worked, since J wasn't here, and I don't have any family around.  Work did feed us a really nice meal, and our Vice-President (who runs our contact center) served it to us.  Was nice to see that.

I worked until 11pm on Thanksgiving and thought, what the heck, I'll go to walmart just to check out Black Friday.  I've never done it, since I would usually be in bed by then!  I got to walmart, and the parking lot was full, but being the lucky one I am got a spot right near the front.  I went in, grabbed a cart, walked about 20feet inside, turned around and left HAHA.  There were so many people in line to check out that you couldn't even move through.  Driving by some other stores, Kohls, Best Buy, people were lined up around the buildings.  It's ridiculous!
Needless to say, I went right home.  The only thing I was looking for was a small camera for the cruise I'll be going on in January with my parents (they invited me, and since I'm the third person in their suite...and Owner's Suite at that! it was very affordable) I bought a package on bestbuy.com

That was the extent of my Black Friday experience.

Christmas here is going to be really odd.  My parents will be coming down, but without J it will definitely be lonely.  I normally spoil him big time, but I don't have to do that yet.  I am going to send him a package over in Afghanistan, but it will only have small things, since I don't want to overload him with things that he'll have to bring back.

No new updates on the house yet. I hope we will hear something....anything...soon.

Next month, I will start up the debt updates again.  Still waiting on a regular paycheck for J again, since he was off of 30days with no pay.

Until next time!

1 comment:

Tania said...

That's a nice alternative to keep you busy during Thanksgiving day. Looking back, I wish I had done the same (though we don't get fed. Phoo-ey!).

I was looking for a camera as well, but having to work Friday, I really didn't have the energy to go stand in lines and see people fight over a pair of pants or a computer monitor.