April 20, 2009

Update(s)

It's only a small update, but my Canadian Debt is now $28,401. Not huge by any standards, especially when you compare it to the balance! But, it's a reduction and that's the important thing.

My other Update is that I will be going on a little trip to visit my parents. Total cost for the flight? $0. It was my Christmas present from my parents. I'll only need spending money, which I have a little of. I don't plan on doing much shopping anyway.

Things are going well right now. With Hubby bringing in the extra money, it's nice to not have to worry about some things; which brings me to another update. Remember when I had mentioned about possibly paying my engagement ring off early by calling the loan and asking for Pay Off Statement? Well, that didn't happen, and rather than have something happen in miscommunication, I just sent the check for the amount this month, and will pay it off next month. Our luck, they would send it, and charge me with a late fee because it wouldn't get here before it was due. No biggie. I hate the fact that we'll pay interest on it, but what's one more month compared to the 16 we've already paid.

I have to say that while we're trying to pay down this debt, and live below our means, I'm not the most frugal person in the world, and don't really expect to be. I save where I can, and get deals when I can, but I'm not going to spend my days trying to find out how I can feed my family (me, hubby and our two cats) for pennies a day. It's just not going to happen.

But anyway, there some news for you.

No comments: